Community Vision & Goals:
- Vision & Change – AAAS & NSF sponsored effort to Transform Undergraduate Biology Education
Resource Sharing & Publication:
- CourseSource – Journal of evidence-based teaching resources for UG biology education
Teaching Frameworks & Rubrics:
- TEval – Transforming Higher Education – Multidimensional Evaluation of Teaching (descriptions modified from TEval website)
- University of Kansas Benchmark Framework: framework for Teaching Effectiveness to support better methods of reviewing, documenting, and evaluating teaching; organized around a multidimensional rubric for reviewing faculty teaching.
- University of Colorado Teaching Quality Framework Initiative: adapted from KU materials and its predecessors to create a local 7-dimensional rubric; part of the broader framework that includes both the tools for evaluation and the practices that surround them.
- Teaching Quality Framework Initiative (1-page summary & example rubric)
- Teaching Quality Framework Assessment Rubric (draft, August 2018)
- An Introduction to Evidence-Based Undergraduate STEM Teaching – Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on evidence-based teaching
Published by the American Society of Plant Biologists, combines up-to-date peer-reviewed research-based content with flexible presentation components that can be used alone or integrated into your lesson plans so that you can confidently present these exciting topics in your classroom. We’ve addressed the stress and pressure busy educators face when devising course material by providing a short essay introducing each topic, PowerPoint slides, and suggested readings. An editorial innovation of The Plant Cell, one of the most trusted names in plant biology. (Click on logo to visit site.)